Saturday 30 April 2011

Audience feedback

Audience feedback
Q: What do you think of the overall layout of the Poster?
·         I thought that the poster was very well laid out, the simplicity and thje little it gave away is important to creating a sense of mystery and a fear of the unknown, essential to any good horror film.
·         Good, Follows the stereotypical movie poster with big picture, fun title, and quotes at the bottom.
·         Organised layout, good use of black and white colouring.
·         Really like the word ‘Light’ and the light bulb which light’s up the page and creates imagery.
·         Clear layout, I like the vague design, suggests a horror film clearly.
·         I like that the image takes up the majority of the poster which fits the generics of a horror poster, the black/ white grayscale effect works really well too.
Q: Do you think the image successfully fits the genre of the poster? And why ?
·         Yes because the lightbulb is dark and mysterious, its apparent mundane nature leave the audience wanting to know more.
·         Yes, as it gives a contrasting idea of what the film might be about as light is normally seenm as a good, safe thing but this poster portrays it as something dark and spooky.
·         The use of black and white creates a spooky atmosphere and there fore illustrates the genre of the film.
·         The use of the light expresses how something or someone in the film may have two sides to them- dark/ light. Hidden characters which light up in certain situations.
·         Yes- eerie and suggestive but without giving too much away.
·         Yes its suitably ambiguous yet fitting to the story too.
Q: In terms of the misenscene what do you think benefits the poster? What could be improved?
·         No real improvements, it was dark and simple, perfect.
·         Simple just like a movie poster should be, having it in black and white is very effective as it personifies the white, bright light.
·         Simplicity and use of black and white as colour would spoil the spooky effect
·         The colour is very simple but effective.
·         Contrast of black and light.
·         The title should maybe be moved to a black part of the background, therefore creating more contrast.
Q: Do you like the choice of text ? The font style? Why?
·         The font for the title is perfect and in keeping with the genre. But the font for the reviews looks a little out of place.
·         Very suitable for the poster as looks as if the title is a dim light.
·         I think the font at the bottom would be perfect if the text were more slightly moved across and spread out.

Audience feed back on facebook

When getting feedback on my final ancillary task for my horror magazine front cover I decided to get feedback from my audience on the networking site of facebook. This I felt gave myself a better chance of getting a variety of different feedbacks. From the feedbacks that I recieved I got a range of different insights into what my target audience liked about my magazine front cover. This allowed me to see that my poster had indeed suited the expectations of my target audience, with many likeing the colours and image I used within my front cover.

No comments: